Saturday, September 7, 2013

Break Every Chain: I am Whole.

In dedication to the ones who wish to break free-


"If I were Whole"
May 2012

If I were whole
I'd stand a little taller
smooth out my spine
shake off my shoulders
each step I'd take would feel like dignity
my feet would be proud
of where we were going
my slumped over, broken shouldered, beat down bad posture- would be no longer.

Cause' if I were whole I'd stand with confidence
assured of my self worth- there'd never be another doubt.

And you see, the notion that I am a burden
would be demolished from my
pounding
paniked
poisoned heart.

The evidence would cease to exist
not even a memory to haunt me with.

If I were whole my infected sores of abandonment
would no longer seep and stain my blood
The confines of my veins would remain unscathed
This generational curse would stop here.

And my God, my God, my living Savior
If i were whole
I'd laugh, I'd forgive
I'd love, I'd breathe
I'd apologize, I'd live
with intent to break all the chains that have bound me to blindness-
hand and hand freedom would guide me

If I were whole
I'd stop selling myself short
cheapening my worth to a one night stand
I'd say to the men who
claim me
own me- work me like their property
I am beautiful
I am worthy
I am cherished
This generational curse stops here.

For I am whole
I am whole
I am whole

My living Savior has made nothing into something
just as He has made me Whole.

2 comments: