Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful #4-10 (Falls Church YL, Blankets, K&Z... Parents)

Unfortunately, I haven't kept up with my daily log of thankful posts. With the hectic pace my life moves at and the recent move/ lack of interent I've resulted to MORE tardiness. I don't exactly remember what happened on all the days I've missed so far- but I do have a slue of things that I can account to being thankful for.

#4 I am thankful for Kyra and Zoe, I remember the early months of summer, debating wether or not  working at Sweet Water, going to school and nannying would be the best option for me. I thought  that dropping the nannying gig would be the best thing for my sanity- but I am SO thankful I never went through with that foolish decision. The past 5 months with K & Z has restored in me a new meaning of what it means to love someone and to be apart of something.  I begged my parents for years to give me a little sister or brother, when I finally got one through marriage and then lost her my idea of what it meant to be a sister and more importantly a family crumbled. Thankfully I have been so graciously blessed to receive two little sisters who I love so tenderly and would walk to the ends of the earth for. Who annoy me till I'm blue in the face and push my buttons like it's their job but I wouldn't have it any other way and I am constantly reminded of what a gift it is to be apart of the journey that they are experiencing- growing up and into the spectacular women I have no doubt that they'll become.

#5 I am thankful for Selma, Forrest, Anna and Reece. Without their sacrificial, selfless love the high schooler's that I've come to know and adore would not be who they are or where they are. Each member of my team is so very different and has taught me all the various ways one can love, teach and grow- for this I am ever grateful. Some of the biggest challenges and life molding experiences I have witnessed at the humble and brokenness of my very unique team. Thank you.

#6 I am thankful for jackets, heaters and blankets. ESPECIALLY since I am always chilly, freezing or shivering. There are so many of those who don't know the comfort of warmth, so many who will suffer this winter and I am so incredibly sadden and unquestionably thankful.

#7 I am thankful for the girls and boys who I have had the privilege of getting to know at Falls Church High School. The impact that you have had on the destiny of my future and life is irreversible. Your stories have touched me deeply and given me a second chance at living a meaningful and worth-wild life. Thank you for your openness, willingness to trust, to love even though its hard and scary but most of all your laughter and eagerness to be apart of something much bigger then yourselves. I adore you all so very much and am endlessly, endlessly thankful for you- what a joy and gift your life is.

#8 I am thankful for my parents- Mum, Dad & Melanie. Your love has taught me what it means to be myself. Though my path has eroded a road unlike any you dreamt up for me, I am thankful and blessed to have your support. Thank you for listening while I scream and cry, for loving me even when I fail and encouraging me to keep on fighting. Though I know, life didn't turn out like any of your planned it I am so grateful and truly touched that I get the opportunity to live, love and call you mine.

#9 I am thankful that I can be thankful. I see and talk to many people whose hearts have become hard and stubborn (even more stubborn then my own) and I am renewed and content that I can see the worth  in such a seemingly worthless word.

#10 TWO WORDS- sloppy swish

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/mokiki/1423635/

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for YOU and this amazing blog!! Thank you for sharing your heartfelt perspective and helping me find mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.- What is sloppy swish? The link doesn't work! :/

    ReplyDelete