Monday, September 10, 2012

Friend Zone.


As I was heading to class this morning, I found myself glancing at the various pockets of students congregating among the campus, catching up from the weekend, savoring the cool air over coffee and providing company as they walked to class. It dawned on me that I am indeed currently friendless. I say this statement very loosely, because I do have friends just none that are local that I can call up to pal around with.  Honestly, I couldn’t help but laugh out loud as I thought about how absolutely true this is and also because I wouldn’t even know the first place to go to find friends.

SIDE NOTE: I am completely and totally more than satisfied and overjoyed with how my current situation is playing out. I am endlessly busy and always surrounded with people whom I love and care for deeply. So I am in no means complaining about the lack of love, enrichment and fun that spirals through my daily activities.

But with all of that said, I don’t have any girlfriends who live in the area and I spend 50% of my time with children/high school kids and the other 50% with family. And while I have everything I could ask for, I shamefully miss the company of a friend whom I can spend time, share and solve problems and grow to be life long friends with.

I don’t know if I’d even have time to hang out with friends between 2-year-old duty, soccer mom status, young life, bible study, school and all my other odd ends. Though the idea is VERY enticing.

Thought to be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment